& more important-- i'm organizing a benefit show &carwash for saturday's noise &parking violations &wes.
(this will be long, but please read it all.)
the planopentosuggestions: a simultaneous fundraiser starting in the afternoon &going as long as we have bands willing to play-- car wash in the parking lot, shows inside. if you want to bake something &turn it into a show/carwash/bake sale, that's rad too.
HOW ALL OF YOU READING THIS CAN HELP:
001. IF YOU ARE IN A BAND, we really really need you to play. so if you're interested, reply to this post.
002. suggestions of a VFW hall, venue, land, an empty building somewhere in town that CAN be rented (cheap cheap cheap) &occupied by a lot of people with good parking, easy water access &no worries about noise.
003. a PA system.
004. HELP making, copying &passing out flyers. posting signs.
005. sexy bathing suit bitches &tough looking door watchers for volunteers.
006. car washing supplies. (soap, old towels, buckets)
007. a SMALL group of people willing to help organize with me &have fun dinner meetings.
008. if nothing else, click the velociraptor eating the baby jesus &donate $1.
009. REPOST THIS EVERYWHERE. live journal, myspace, etc. word of mouth it.
this is the first time i'm undertaking anything like this. &it has to happen FAST. like within the next couple of weeks. tomorrow i'm going to look into city noise ordinances (since we obviously have no clue) &water restrictions. then drive around & try to find a place so i can get a definite date.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GIVE ME HELP, tips, feedback, anything.
p.s., in case you were wondering, $800+ in tickets.